Can the GreenHopper Agile Board Preview Pane be configured to display custom fields?

cathy waters September 19, 2013

A colleague asked why they couldn't see a particular date field on the PIRA preview pane within an agile board. I looked in the tool and on this site. I couldn't find a reference about customizing the JIRA preview pane when selecting an Issue within a GreenHopper Agile Board. Did I miss it? Does it go by a different phrase?

Cathy Waters

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2013

Cathy,

You can configure the customfield shown in issue detail view in JIRA Agile (fromerly Greenhopper). You can refer to - Configuring the issue detail view

If it is not there, I would suggest to upgrade the latest JIRA Agile version as we rapidly include new features within 2 weeks cycle.

Hope this helps.

cathy waters September 23, 2013

It does help. Unfortunately we have to await the next time we take an update on GreenHopper. This seems to be a feature of 6.2 as opposed to 6.0.2 which is what we're currently on.

1 vote
mmchugh September 20, 2013

I was just searching for the same thing (but for a non-date custom field) and found your question here (at the time of writing it says 7 hours ago).

I was able to do it like this (for Jira 6):

1. View the board of interest
  2. Select Board->Configure from the top right
  3. Select the tab, "Issue Detail View"
  4. You will see different groups of field types. In you case a date, so just select the field you want from the 'Field Name' and press the 'add' button
  5. Drag and drop to reorder to you preference
  6. When finished, go back to board view.

That worked for me, hope it works for you!

Regards,

Michael

cathy waters September 20, 2013

Thanks Michael.

We're using JIRA 5.1.4/GH 6.0.2

The only Tabs I see on this server are "Filter" "Columns" "Swimlanes" "Quick Filters" and "Card Colours".

It may be I don't have sufficient permissions on our production system to see an "Issue Detail View" tab. And I didn't think to check on our test system. I'll check with our admins to see if they try the above procedure for me.

In the mean time, what phrase did you search for that helped you find the steps above? Or did you just figure it out when you couldn't find an answer here?
(I want to get better at using answers.atlassian :) )

Regards,

Cathy

Suggest an answer