Can't move FAB-### to In Test. What permission to change?

Artem Oliynyk July 19, 2021

I get this message: "Something isn't letting us move FAB-### to In Test. Ask your project administrator to check the workflow settings and transition conditions."

There is a status "Ready to Test" and the next one is "In Test" and "Done". I can't move any issues forward from "Ready to Test" to "In Test". Although I can move them back. I asked PM about it and she couldn't help although she assigned an Admin role to me. I still can't move any task forward. What permission should be changed to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance for the answers.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

It is likely that the project admin has added a Condition that restricts who can move to In Test. Likely it is intended that only a person in the QA group can do so.

speak to your project admin.

Artem Oliynyk July 20, 2021

Thanks. She actually didn't know how to fix it. This PM has just left the project. So waiting for the new one to speak to.

Do you happen to know where exactly to look in conditions? Would really appreciate some guide where to look for :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

Project settings > workflows

find the workflow associated with the issue type that is associated with the problem at hand. Edit the workflow and in diagram mode click on the transition between Ready to Test and In Test. Click on conditions. Inspect the current conditions for restrictions on who can transition. If it utilizes a group and you wish to have other people with the ability to perform the transition then you will want to add those individuals to the group.

Site admin > user management > groups….find the group and edit then add members.

Artem Oliynyk July 21, 2021

I'm really grateful for your kind reply and in-depth guide. Good luck to you and all the best!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events