Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can't mention other users

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea about why the @ (to mention other users) is not working for some users? 

Regards,

Mat

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Aug 16, 2022

Thisone : The Global Permission to the 'Browse users and groups';

That's 99% of the time the case. just because you are an admin doesn't mean you are in that permissions group.

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Mathieu Deiber ,

The below solution only applies if a user(s) cannot use mentions at all. If only specific users cannot be mentioned, and/or only some Issues are affected, you may want to check the Issue Security settings. If a user does not have permission to browse an issue, they cannot be mentioned in it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/mentions-and-autocomplete-are-not-working-in-jira-cloud-779160727.html

Yes, I found this post previously but it didn't help. Even after the admin also set me as an admin it still didn't work. 

Just to clarify, some of the users in our group (including me) can't mention anyone (basically there are no dropdown with the name of other users after entering @).

please check each of one of these.

• Permission to the 'Browse Users' permission
  • Email visibility of users
  • The mentioned user does not have Browse Project permission
  • Change Method Editor
  • Change browser
Like Mathieu Deiber likes this

Thanks @Ollie Guan_携程_ and @Dirk Ronsmans , the admin changed the Permission to the 'Browse Users' and it is now working :) 

Like Ollie Guan_携程_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events