Can't install Agile

Carsten Robitzki July 29, 2014

i've been trying to install JIRA-agile on my JIRA installation on a local server, but i get following message in the UPM:

A system administrator has disabled your connection to the Atlassian Marketplace server. In the meantime you can search for new add-ons and updates on the Atlassian Marketplace website.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2014

Hi,

You can try the offline install:

Just download .jar file from here, and paste the .jar into your $JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins folder, and restart the instance.

Cheers.

1 vote
Carsten Robitzki August 14, 2014

We solved the problem. Thx

0 votes
sidshetye April 27, 2015

We're getting the same error on JIRA 6.4.2 on Ubuntu.

/opt/jira/bin/setenv.sh

has

JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS=""

What is the fix to get rid of the error message "A system administrator has disabled your connection to the Atlassian Marketplace server. In the meantime you can search for new add-ons and updates on the Atlassian Marketplace website. "

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2015

Again, Log in as a system admin and re-enable the connection. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Configuring+Marketplace+connectivity

sidshetye April 27, 2015

Forgot to mention but I did read your initial response => tried it => didn't work. So asked the question again. Specifically, per your link, the toggle for UPM connectivity appears either via /opt/jira/bin/setenv.sh (which doesn't have the disable flag as above) OR from the GUI. The GUI approach asks me to click on "Settings" within the "Manage Add-ons" page but that link doesn't exist.Check the screenshot below. FYI, I had to install the Agile plugin (seen in the screenshot) by manually copying JAR files over but if that's the only way to "connect" to here marketplace and it's one click installs, we'll have to abandon.

JiraIssue.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2015

That looks like you only have "Jira admin" rights, not "System Admin" - and you need system admin to enable/disable the UPM settings

sidshetye April 28, 2015

Ah, thanks! How do we fix it? The instance migrated from an Atlassian OnDemand/Cloud instance to a self hosted instance so maybe some database tables were migrated as such. I know we didn't have access to system admin on that instance per your security model. Or is this related to the underlying Linux user permissions? We of course have admin rights to our own VMs, so if this needs to be fixed by Linux root, do let us know how.

sidshetye April 28, 2015

Also, as expected, we can't add the jira-admin user to the "system-administrators" group from the JIRA GUI (at <server>/secure/admin/user/UserBrowser.jspa)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2015

Gladly, it's nothing to do with the OS :-) The short answer is that you need to log in as a system admin - as you've moved off Cloud, that would have stripped all the system admins out, except for one default one that is specifically for the migration - your best bet is to log in as that one and then add your intended admins into the admin groups (then kill off the default to recycle the licence) That's mentioned on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+Cloud+to+JIRA+Server But to save a clicky, try username = sysadmin and password = sysadmin (By the way, it's not my software, I'm not an Atlassian, although I have been working for a partner for the last couple of years)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 29, 2014

Log in as a system admin and re-enable the connection. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Configuring+Marketplace+connectivity

Suggest an answer