Can't flag items "Error ... you do not have "Edit Issues" permission."

michielslot April 8, 2019

Although I'm the Jira and Project administrator I can't flag any item, the following error message is shown:

Error

A flag cannot be added to QA-20 because you do not have "Edit Issues" permission.

What could be wrong when I look at Settings > Issues  > Custom Fields > Flagged is "locked" and the configure option is not available. I've added the screens for my project, but nothing changes.

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2019

Hi Michiel - can you edit the issue to change any other values? If not, it probably means that based on the Permission Scheme you do not have permissions to edit issues on that project. Start by checking the permission scheme. 

Thanks. Yes, I can move the ticket anywhere, change all sort of things, just not flag. Looking at the Permission Scheme, everything seems to be okay. Not sure though where to look.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

So you can edit other fields but not Flagged? Does it even show up for you when you edit a screen?

Also, while you are on the board, see if you can right click on a card and see if Add Flag is an option. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2019

If you go to QA – 20 can you do any sort of edit can you transition, can you add a label etc.  I do not believe that flag has a different mission and the other edit function. If you can do other editing except flagging I would reach out to Atlassian support. 

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, I have no clue what you mean with "QA – 20"... where do I have to click?

Suggest an answer