Can't find the next-gen option

Kayleigh Berry
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 17, 2024

I've just signed up for Jira Software and was taken through the onboarding flow and created a scrum template. However, I wanted to do the next-gen projects (scrum). I'm a little bit confused as I can seem to find that option. Has that been removed in a recent update? 

Screen Shot 2024-03-18 at 3.13.05 pm.png

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2024

Hi Kayleigh - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The Next-gen projects were rebranded to Team-managed projects several months ago. You should see what type of project it is (Team-managed or Company-managed) in the lower left corner of your screen. 

Kayleigh Berry
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 17, 2024

Thank you!! 

Like John Funk likes this
2 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2024

Hi @Kayleigh Berry ,

Welcome to the community.

Jira has two types of projects company-managed and team-managed.

team-managed are formerly known as classic and next-gen projects.

Team managed projects are next-gen projects.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2024

Hi @Kayleigh Berry ,

Rolling out in product starting 2021 March 29th, we'll be renaming next-gen projects to team-managed projects and classic projects to company-managed projects. There is no change to the functionality within the project types.

https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/renaming-next-gen-and-classic-projects-in-jira-cloud/45961

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events