Can't find "Target Start" and "Target End" in the automation section

Venky August 14, 2022

I am trying to copy date from 2 existing fields to "Target Start" and "Target End" dates. But I can't  find these two fields in the drop down "Choose Fields to Set" in the "Edit Section" of the Automation. 

I also see a message at the bottom of the drop down that if you can't find all the fields, use the "Advanced" section.  Where can I find it?

2 answers

0 votes
Azfar Masut
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2023

For a more advanced use case, for an example, copying the field from trigger issue to a linked issue, following can be utilized:

{
"fields": {
"customfield_11111": "{{triggerIssue.customfield_50048.jiraDate}}"
}
}

customfield_11111 = Target End or Any portfolio date field

triggerIssue.customfield_50048.jiraDate = [source issue].[source field in soure issue].[generic date format]

reference: 

0 votes
Thuan_ Do Dang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2022

Hi @Venky ,

You can update your field like below

using advance field editing.png

To find your field id, open advance issue search with JQL, type your field name

find custom field id.png

cf[xxx] is your field id -> it means Target start = customfield_10022, Target end = customfield_10023.

Remeber that you have to format your date value to yyyy-MM-dd, your smart value should be issue.your_source_date_field.jqlDate (your_source_date_field like due, created, customfield_xxx,...) 

Hope this helps!

Salv October 14, 2022

Hi Guys,

Yes its an odd one I am having a similar issue with JIRA automation and  

additional fields.

Advanced Roadmaps Target End = cf11111 , Target Start  = cf11112

{
"fields":{
"customfield_11111":"{{2022-10-31}}" ,
"customfield_11112":"{{2022-10-01}}"
}
}

No luck populating on a create

Thanks

Azfar Masut
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2023

@Salv 

This is the correct format:

"customfield_11111" : "2015-11-18"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events