Can't find project location

Geylani Özçubukçu September 22, 2022

Hello Jira Community,

I have a problem with a custom board I am trying to setup.

My project is a team managed scrum project.

I created filters that allow me to see multiple projects on one board, which is great but I can't share my new board with my team as I can't find my projects location listed on the field bellow:

SS.jpg

Because of this assigned the location to my personal space. 

How can I create a project location?

Or How can I share this board without it?

2 answers

0 votes
Geylani Özçubukçu September 23, 2022

@John Funk Thanks for the article. I was able to connect my board to a new location. Now I need to find a way to be able to share it to my team and also find a way to show Subtasks.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

Hi Geylani - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I recently wrote an article that helps with creating a second board like what you have done. Check near the bottom of the article about the issue with the Location field and see if that helps:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Creating-a-Second-Agile-Board-for-Team-Managed-or-JIra-Work/ba-p/2115018

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

You need to share the filter used by the board for your team to be able to see the new board. 

Like Geylani Özçubukçu likes this

Hello John,

I shared the search filter used by the board from the menu bellow as well as shared the board. My team still can't access the board. Was this the step you suggested me to take?

Thanks,

screen 1.JPG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management? 

If you click the Details link at the top of the filter instead of the Share button - who does it say it is "shared" with?

We are using a Team Managed project. I don't have a field where it shows whom I have shared the filter with.

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2022

If it is the built-in board that comes with a Team-managed project, then the users you gave access to in the Project Access function should be able to see it. 

Geylani Özçubukçu September 29, 2022

Hello John,

I found a work around for my problem. I assigned my board to an old Classic project as location and I shared my search filter and made it public to my team. By doing these I was able access a board made up by multiple projects where the whole team can collaborate.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2022

Yep - that's the way to do it.  :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events