Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't find my Server ID when installing JIRA 8.13

The below link says that I'll be able to see my Server ID at "Specify your license key screen" in the Jira setup wizard, but it never showed up. I chose "custom install" as suggested by the link, but it's not there at all.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/finding-your-server-id-938847652.html

You may check a vid I did below to see every step I did.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12qnSCAaYu1hbv4Djt5rlLMzo-1Z64XTP/view?usp=sharing

1 answer

That is very odd and I do not know what is wrong.  I installed 8.13 this morning and went through most of what you saw, but at 2:28, that "you'll need an atlassian account" stuff appeared as part of a screen that had a box for licence entry and another with the server id in it.  It wasn't the whole of the screen, as you are getting.

This is not an "answer" I'm afraid, it's really just a comment that tries to narrow-down where the problem is (with a spot of "it works for me", I know) - the rest of your capture says you're doing everything right and hence is not a problem.  The problem is when you land on the "go get a licence" page which should have the server id on it.  I can't replicate it, but the fact I can't is the problem!

So there is indeed a missing screen... This is really odd.

I've tried reinstalling this multiple times, and even freshly installed it on a new AWS EC2 instance I've setup, but I still get stuck on this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,595 views 22 33
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you