Can't drag sub-task to Done column on Greenhopper's Rapid Board Work mode

Dan Shebunin July 4, 2013
One of our developers can't drag his sub-task to Done column. He can do it for another columns. I'am, as an administrator, can drag subtask everywhere. Another user, not developer, also can drag it everywhere. This https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/164544/can-t-move-sub-tasks-to-the-in-progress-column-in-work-mode is not the case. I checked Conditions for Done transition - they are empty. Where is a problem?

2 answers

0 votes
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

Two possibilities that come into mind:

1. As what @Renjith mentioned, conditions for the transition to Done status may have some permission checking.
  2. The developer may not have permissions to Resolve Issues in the permission scheme for that project.

Might want to check these couple of things out.

Dan Shebunin July 7, 2013

Unfortunately, none of the above you mentioned is true.

• There are NO conditions (zero) on transition Done in workflow.
  • Developer assigned to a role, that have permission to resolve issues in a permission scheme used by a project.

More of it - another developers can move to Done.

Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

Just making sure:

• the workflow for sub-tasks are the same as the rest, right?
  • the developer is in a role which has permissions to resolve issues.

The second point is a strange bit, because since this is set, everything should work out well. Plus, you don't have any other conditions to cater for the moving of the issue.

So, the developer is in a group of developers, and this group is assigned to a role, yea? How about the other developers; are they in the exact same group as this one?

Dan Shebunin July 14, 2013

Sorry for delay...

Just to be sure, I checked it right - here is my actions.

Administration > Issues > Workflows > GreenHopper Simplified Workflow for my project > Edit > Check text mode > click any Done in transitions column > Check Conditions tab - mine is zero.

From Transition screen I click Workflow Schemes, and have a following config: GreenHopper Simplified Workflow Scheme for my project have Projects = my project, Issue Type = Unassigned Types, and Workflow = GreenHopper Simplified Workflow for my project.

From here I go to menu Users > Roles > for Developers role click Manage Default Members. Here I have Default Users = None, Default Groups = jira-developers.

Now I click Groups > for jira-developers group click number of users and check, who's in group.

Next go to menu Issues > Permission schemes. I have the only scheme Default Permission Scheme with my project attached (column Projects). Now click the scheme name an check that Resolve Issues permission is allowed for Project Role (Developers).

Ow, I forgot to mention, that I modified GreenHopper workflow (added two more issue states and accordingly global transitions to those states). If this have any significance.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2013

If you are talking about the same issue which can be dragged by other users, to DONE column, I can't think about anything other than conditions in transition.

Suggest an answer