Can't drag and drop issue links from List View to a new window in Chrome

Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

When I have a long list of tickets in List View, I like to be able to open two browser windows side-by-side, and then quickly drag the links from one to the other to open them quickly, like so:

1. Perform a search, or open a filter, to get a list of issues; make sure to select List View
  2. Open a 2nd browser window side-by-side with first window.
  3. Attempt to click on one of the search results (links) and drag to open it in the 2nd window. 

-> This is not allowed. The List View treats each entry as a separate "tile" and thinks I am trying to resort the tiles. 

The drag-to-open functionality works in IE, but not in Chrome. In Chrome, I am forced to right-click, Open in New Window, and then close the previous window, which really slows down my workflow when working with large number of tickets.

(My company recently switched from IE to Chrome on our workstations, which is fine except for this little annoyance.)

1 answer

0 votes
Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

It turns out there is a so-called "Dark Feature", described in the Workaround on this ticket, that fixes the problem. The workaround has side-effects, however, so  if anyone knows another option, I'd love to hear about it.

Suggest an answer