Can't connect with slack

Connor Gray May 14, 2021

I installed Jira Cloud in Slack and added JIRA to the private channel I'm trying to connect to. When I try /jira connect or /jira connect xxx.atlassian.net I get the error "Something went wrong! Please try again later."

I went to JIRA apps to confirm slack integration is enabled. Next, I tried to integrate from the project settings. The list of slack channels appears so I tried to connect to the same channel and I get this error: Slack integration error: something went wrong while creating project connection Please try again later or contact support. Sometimes the channels don't show and I get this error: Jira error: something went wrong while getting project connection list Please try again later or contact support. Error ID: 9362c9d0-b725-11eb-9523-51b9a5f9f16e

Edit: I'm the owner/admin of JIRA and a user in Slack

2 answers

0 votes
Connor Gray May 17, 2021

Update fixed...kind of?: I got a second slack user (slack admin) to try.

• Slack admin authenticated with the JIRA cloud slack app.
  • Slack admin went on JIRA to connect the project to the channel via project settings > slack integration and it failed to load channels.
  • I tried one more time the same way and it worked.

Slack Integration is now a sidebar option for the project, but it doesn't connect.

Jira error: something went wrong while getting project connection list Please try again later or contact support. Error ID: 0de33780-b730-11eb-b74c-6f39ba51101d

However, If I go to "project settings > slack integration" I can sometimes view/edit the slack integration if I'm lucky and it connects.

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

Hi @Connor Gray ,

I wonder if this other post may help: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Slack-integration-failing/qaq-p/871761.

Do you run into the same issue if you try the connection with a different channel?Is it a private or a public channel?

Connor Gray May 17, 2021

Hi Carlos, I can't connect to a public channel either.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events