Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't change start date of epics in roadmap

I am encountering a problem when trying to edit the start date of epics in the roadmap. When dragging the bar to change the start time (to an earlier or later date), it first displays the new start date but then jumps back to the original date after just a couple of seconds. I manager to edit it for some epics - and I do not see the same problem when editing the due date. Some of the epics are empty, while some contain user stories that are linked to sprint (with fixed start and due date according to the sprint).

Does anyone know what the problem could be? 

2 answers

I have the same problem, did you find the way how to fix? 

Hello @Nadia Peerboom , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Question: Do these Epics have dependencies (finish to start f.e.) with other Epics?

Hi! Yes, some of them have. However the same thing happens for epics that do not have any dependencies. Maybe I should also mention that we have activated advanced roadmap, but that we are currently working in (normal) roadmap within the project. 

Could you share the details of such an Epic:

• Which date picker fields are used for start and end date? Is it Start Date and Due Date?
  • Does it only happen for Epics where Stories are linked to a sprint?
  • Is your roadmap in a team-managed or company managed project?
  • Correct, "start date" and "due date". I see the same issue when I change the start date in the field within the epic
  • No, it also happens to empty epics (i.e. no linked stories)
  • It is a company managed project 

Can the Admin check whether the jira.date.picker.java.format and jira.date.picker.javascript.format in the Advanced System Settings correspond to the other date/time value settings?

System Advanced Settings Jira Date Picker.png

What I can see it looks correct, but I also see that some change have been made ho date format is handled.

Maybe this new way of handling date format is the reason?

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

531 views 1 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you