Can't Update Dashbaord

Josh Fuller December 9, 2020

Every time I try to edit the system default dashboard, I get an error saying it can not be updated: Jira Dashboard Error.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

Hi @Josh Fuller  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Do you have any Service Desk gadgets on the dashboard?  If so, this could be permissions related, as described on this defect:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-67504

Best regards,

Bill

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the welcome. I pulled all apps off the dashboard as my first thought was there might be a conflict. Even a bare board is throwing errors when I try to change the layout. I tried several Jira software apps but were unable to rearrange them either when they were the sole thing on the board.

Maybe that issue is a little broader that the bug report states as it sounds exactly like my issue.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

I agree... sounds like time to submit a support ticket and the Atlassian folks can have a better look at your settings/instance:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

When you learn more, please post back here so the whole community can benefit.  Thanks!

Like Josh Fuller likes this

Certainly will, thank you! I recall testing service desk and it looks like even removing the apps might not clear the issue.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Josh Fuller December 10, 2020

Hey Bill,

I talked to Fabian A and he cleared the issue. It was the exact issue you had noted. Thanks for the great find on the bug report and I'm all set now!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2020

I am glad that's working now! 

When I see a weird Jira behavior, I often search those open suggestions/defects to learn if someone already found the defect or if it's one of those "functions as designed" things.  ;^)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events