Can't Drag Stories in Rapid Board Plan Mode

Aaron Cohen December 13, 2012

Versions:

• Jira: v4.4.4#664-r167664
  • v5.8.7

I am a member of a large organization that uses JIRA. Most people do not use Greenhopper, but we have it installed and I am trying to use it now.

In my Rapid Board, in plan mode, I cannot drag stories to reorder them. I can only drag the Sprint Marker. The best I can do to add stories to a Sprint is reorder them by changing their priority (which doesn't always seem to work, even though the underlying filter is sorting by priority) and drag the Sprint Marker.

When hovering over a story, I can see the crosshairs, or hand, which indicates I should be able to drag the story, but nothing happens. The text of the story title gets highlighted. I checked in all browsers, and I checked the error console and no JavaScript errors. I have "schedule issues" permission.

This is a dealbreaker for me in terms of using Greenhopper to manage my projects. Everything else looks great so far.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

The problem here is that you're using Priority to sort the filter. Change that back to ORDER BY Rank and the Drag and Drop Ranking should come back online.

This link has more info.

Aaron Cohen December 13, 2012

Great. That did it. I think it would be better to give some kind of warning when trying to drag without rank. I never would have figured this out...

Suggest an answer