Can't Drag Stories in Rapid Board Plan Mode

Versions:

• Jira: v4.4.4#664-r167664
  • v5.8.7

I am a member of a large organization that uses JIRA. Most people do not use Greenhopper, but we have it installed and I am trying to use it now.

In my Rapid Board, in plan mode, I cannot drag stories to reorder them. I can only drag the Sprint Marker. The best I can do to add stories to a Sprint is reorder them by changing their priority (which doesn't always seem to work, even though the underlying filter is sorting by priority) and drag the Sprint Marker.

When hovering over a story, I can see the crosshairs, or hand, which indicates I should be able to drag the story, but nothing happens. The text of the story title gets highlighted. I checked in all browsers, and I checked the error console and no JavaScript errors. I have "schedule issues" permission.

This is a dealbreaker for me in terms of using Greenhopper to manage my projects. Everything else looks great so far.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

The problem here is that you're using Priority to sort the filter. Change that back to ORDER BY Rank and the Drag and Drop Ranking should come back online.

This link has more info.

Great. That did it. I think it would be better to give some kind of warning when trying to drag without rank. I never would have figured this out...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,750 views 14 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you