Can someone who really understand Jira spend 10 min to help my confusion?

Hadas Hamerovv July 11, 2021

Hi guys,

I've configured many things in Jira but some of the things do not work and I can't figure out why.

For example I've configured custom fields and layout for issues. While I see this reflected on bugs I don't see the configuration I've created for 'new feature' on issues from the new feature type.

There are few things like the above mentioned and I simply can't work it out.

I guess my confusion is that I do not understand the relations and hierarchy between a project/workflow schemes/workflows/screen schemes/screens et...

which of them I need to create first in order to associate one with the other.

So, if someone can spare 5-10 minutes with me sharing my screen with him so he/she can tell me what I am doing wrong I would appreciate a lot. 

Cheers,

Hadas

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2021

Hi Hadas,

You are not typically going to find anyone in the Community that will do a call. I suggest you ask your questions here and we can dialog that way. 

Hadas Hamerovv July 12, 2021

Thanks. I will try to explain exactly what's the problems are.

1 vote
Gareth Cantrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2021

Hi @Hadas Hamerovv 

I put together the following graphic to help understand the relationships between the various configurations and how they apply to a project.

Maybe it will help you to gain some clarity too.

Jira Project Config.png

Hadas Hamerovv July 12, 2021

Thanks Gareth for your efforts.

This part is in fact understood but still can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I'll record my screens and upload to show what surprises me and maybe someone will be able to help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events