Can not build GreenHopper from source?

Alex Heng September 20, 2011

Hi All, I have downloaded GreenHopper source version 5.7 and tried to build it, but there are two problems in my pom file.

1. in jira-greenhopper-parent-pom file the greenhopper-integration-test module can not be resolved by my IntelliJ IDEA in

<modules>

<module>greenhopper</module>

<module>greenhopper-integration-test</module>

</modules>

2. in jira-greenhopper-plugin pom file there are multiple value marked as unresolved within maven-antrun-plugin, example value="${touch.time}", value="${changeSet}", input="${changeSetDate}", defaultValue="${changeSetDate}"

${changeSetDateFixed}, value="${changeSetDateFixed}".

The plugin tag starting with <plugin>

<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>

<artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>

Please help, thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2011

Hi Alex,

As the build number is required please add '-DbuildNumber=null'. Are you trying to build using the Atlassian Plugin SDK? If not, please do so.

What is the problem you are trying to solve? Perhaps there is an easier way.

Thanks Alex,

Nicholas Muldoon

Alex Heng September 21, 2011

Thanks for the reply. I am using IntelliJ IDEA 10.0 to build the GreenHopper from source code. It has a maven tool integrated so I just click compile and then package to get the GH jar file. where to add the -DbuildNumber=null in IDEA?

And I also tried to build it using sdk, I open a cmd window and go to its root directory where the new downloaded file located, and type atlas-cli, the first thing is it complains could not find the model file "greenhopper-integration-test", and after I comment out its line, it says build failure Couldn't detect an AMPS product to dispatch to... it seems have different error messages from when I using IntelliJ IDEA.

All I want to do now is to add some conditions to the drop down list of cog, hide some options based on some conditions, for example hide "log work" if the issue type is bug, hide create subtask when issue type is Epic, etc. Is there a eaiser way to achieve that so i don't need to rebuild GreenHopper from source? Thanks.

I use sdk and type in atlas-compile but it complains buildnumber error, then I tried atlas-compile -DbuildNumber=null but it seems not to be the right command. where should I add -DbuildNumber=null to? Thanks.

and even if I comment out all the error caused line like " <!--goal>hgchangeset</goal-->", the packaging process still has error in IntelliJ IDEA,

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Could not create the Java virtual machine.

while I have already increased its vm memory size to

-Xms256m

-Xmx768m

-XX:MaxPermSize=512m

-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=128m

-ea

Please help. Thanks.

0 votes
Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2011

So I today tried to compile two versions of GH (5.6.8 and 5.7) from their source distributions.

I've used Atlassian SDK 3.5.2 and clean Maven repo and settings (I removed my ~/.m2/settings.xml and ~/.m2/repostitory to make sure that nothing in my local mvn configuration affects the results.

For both versions the experience was exactly the same:

- cd <root dir of your unpacked src distro/greenhopper (do not compile in top level where parent pom is present)

- comment out buildnumber-maven-plugin (entire <plugin> section) in pom.xml

- <atlassian-plugin-sdk-3.5.2 inst dir>/bin/atlas-mvn package

After downloading 3/4 of Internet (gazillions of poms - like maven scm baazar integration - Maven I love you...) this stuff was successfuly built and all unit tests passed successfuly

I used Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit with Java version "1.6.0_26"

WRT IntelliJ integration - I would remove greenhopper-integration-tests module from the parent pom. Various errors reported by IntelliJ should be rather harmless (once you compile from command line). And you can always resort to command line (I know, it sucks when you want to run a single test or something).

Let me know how it goes.

0 votes
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2011

You can do an 'atlas-run --help' for full options. To run, and test, the changes you made locally use:

'atlas-run --product jira -DbuildNumber=null'

To build you'll want to use 'atlas-package'.

Thanks Alex,

Nicholas

0 votes
Alex Heng September 20, 2011

After I commented out those tags, still the compile error is

[INFO] [buildnumber:hgchangeset {execution: default}]

[ERROR] is not recognized as an internal or external command,[INFO]

Suggest an answer