Can not add license key to greenhopper add-on

Hans Peter April 22, 2013

I have a trial version of jira 5.2.10 . Now I wanted to check out greenhopper. So I followed the steps on http://www.atlassian.com/de/software/greenhopper/download-addons

But if I insert my GreenHopper for JIRA (Unlimited Users): Evaluation license and push the button, I receive an error:

Die JIRA Server konnte nicht kontaktiert werden. Dies kann ein temporärer Fehler sein oder der Server ist ausgefallen.
Which mean, Can not connect to the server. This can be a temporary error or the server is just down.

So what can I do?

3 answers

1 vote
Hans Peter April 27, 2013

The answer is quite simple.

The webserver is behind a loadbalancer who just allow HEAD, GET and POST requests. In case of GreenHopper license installation, it is necessery to allow PUT requests too.

Configured the loadbalancer new and everything works fine.

0 votes
AmandaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

Hi Hans,

Apart from Ahmad suggestion, you may also attach a screenshot of the error page.

Also, try to uninstall JIRA in your JIRA user interface, then reinsatll GreenHopper again by folloiwng this doc:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Installing+Add-ons

Since the installation done, you can insert the license again. Note: the GreenHopper license type must be the same with your JIRA, even the user quantity. e.g unlimited users for JIRA, unlimited users for GreenHopper as well.

Regards,

Amanda

0 votes
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013

Hi Hans,

May I know if you have installed GreenHopper to your JIRA installation? If you have installed GreenHopper, then the GreenHopper license key can be updated by going to Administration > Manage Add-ons > GreenHopper > License Key.

If you are not able to update GreenHopper license from UPM, then may I know if there's any error thrown in the logs file?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer