Can jira issue have multiple sprints listed on the ticket?

Jeremy Price December 12, 2019

I know natively Jira doesn't allow for more than one Active Sprint to be attached to an individual issue in the Sprint field. However, I was seeing if there is some sort of workaround/plugin or possibly another option that would allow me to show a ticket within two active Sprints in it. 

Business Case: Our Story tickets will have multiple Task tickets linked to it by the Blocked By linked relationship. When a new Task is linked, that new Task may have a different Sprint associated with it coming from a different project or the same project. I would like to know if I can update the Sprint field ( or another field) on my Story ticket with the newly added Task Sprint value? 

I know I can't add it directly to the Sprint field for the Story, my only option is to remove that old Sprint field information from the Story  ticket and have the newly added Task spring value take its place. Which is not what I want. 

Trying to find away to capture all of the Sprints that are added to the one Story ticket if possible. 

1 answer

0 votes
Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
August 10, 2021

As you have said, Jira doesn't allow it. Maybe you can find further information on this thread which has a couple of solutions that might be suitable for you https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-I-find-an-issue-that-is-in-multiple-sprints/qaq-p/586873

Suggest an answer