Can i restricteEpics to show up only in certain projects?

Christoph Hilmes July 10, 2013

Hi Atlassians,

we have a couple of projects in our Jira. Three of these are bounded into one board in Greenhopper. Our Epics are stored in one of these three projects but also used in the other two.

Now a second project team wants to use greenhopper which will combine three different projects from our JIRA-Installation into a board. When they link one of their issues to an epic, they can do this to the epics from the first project-group as well, which is not desirable in our situation.

Is it possible to restrict the epics from one project, so they can only be linked to issues from certain projects?

I hope i was able to make myself clear. Thanks for your answer.

Christoph

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christoph Hilmes July 16, 2013

It seems, there is no way to achieve this. I close this question. Thanks.

0 votes
Christoph Hilmes July 10, 2013

Hi Christian,

thanks for your answer. Epics from a project that is not part of a board, are not shown in planning mode. But i can link an issue to every epic on our server. And changing the filter of the board doesn t change that. Additionally when i open the epic-issue and create a new issue in that epic, i can choose to create the issue in every project on our server. I can`t find a way to restrict an epic to be linked only to issues from certain project.

Any more ideas?

Cheers

Christoph

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2013

Maybe you could edit the boards filter and add sth. like this:

and not (project = XYZ AND type = Epic)

Cheers Christian

Suggest an answer