Can i hide the priority field on the planning board

Jesper Lind July 23, 2014

We are eager users of jira agile, and its started to bug us a bit that we have to look at the priority field, since the backlog is meant to be prioritised. So im curious to hear if anyone know if its possible to hide the field, since its quite misleading :D

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2014

Hi,

As I uderstand it is not possible (without changing code).

I hope that you will find some adtional information on links with similar questions (and answers):

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/88136/is-it-possible-to-customize-the-display-of-issues-backlog-items-in-the-plan-view-of-greenhopper

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/284454/how-do-i-remove-the-priority-field-from-issues-on-an-agile-project

Regards,
Florjan

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2014

One a side note, "priority" is the priority for the customer or the person raising the ticket. It is not the same priority for the engineering team. A Blocker in one project might be equivalent to a Major in another.

Developers will then prioritize/rank those stories relatively. Above "priority" will be one factor during ranking but not the only factor.

Jesper Lind July 23, 2014

We use the rank to define the order things should be done in, and priority might be used for that but of course dependencies of resources, other issues etc are also part of it. but since priority have no purpose for us after it has been ranked, since a blocker shouldent stay in the bottom of the backlog, then it would just be handy to get a bit more space for the title of an issue over a field that for us dont provide any value.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2014

Makes sense!

Suggest an answer