Can i create an epic with a number of tasks and then clone all of these per project?

Paul Miller May 11, 2021

I am managing capacity within in the team so will work in sprints. Need to be able to close tickets on mass. Is there a way?

3 answers

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Hi Paul,

I'm assuming that the epic will contain the same stories/tasks for every project. I recommend using the CSV Jira Importer where you will add the Epic and the corresponding Stories/Tasks.  You can then perform the same import for each project.

Instructions:

How to Link Epics and Stories in a CSV Import: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-import-stories-linked-to-epics-in-jira/qaq-p/373117

How to use the CSV Import: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/ 

Also, if you wan to mass close tickets use the Bulk Edit functionality.  

I hope this helps.

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 12, 2021

Welcome to the community, @Paul Miller.

Another option to Bulk Clone epics along with tasks and their subtasks would be our Jira cloud app Deep Clone for Jira.

If you have questions or feedback about our app, don't hesitate to contact us directly.

0 votes
Nishanth Thimmareddy _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 11, 2021

Hi @Paul Miller

Welcome to the community!

You can use Clone Plus for Jira Cloud to clone an epic with its tasks and their subtasks to the same or another project.

Full disclosure: I'm the product manager for the app.

If you have questions or feedback about Clone Plus for Jira, please get in touch with us directly.

As Fabian mentioned above, you can close all sprint issues en masse using Jira's Bulk Edit functionality.

Thanks,

Nishanth T

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events