Can a cloud Business Company managed project have epics?

Rachel Shepherd September 26, 2021

We would like to have epics in our company managed project a level above tasks and sub-tasks.  I can add Epic as an issue field type.  But when I then try to create this issue type in this category of project it fails with the error message  'Epic Name: Epic Name is required.'  I can't see how to add the Epic Name field to the Create Issue form / screen.  Is this possible?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2021

To be clear, you don't mean "Epic as issue field type", you mean you have added Epic as an issue type (issue type is not a field)

The error you are getting is because the Epic issue type requires an Epic name to be entered, exactly as you suspect.  So, yes, you do need to add the field to the create screen.

You should be able to do this by going to project settings -> Screens, find the screen-scheme associated with Epics (don't worry if it's in use for other issue types - the Epic-name field won't affect them), and expand it to see which screens are there for create and edit (they may well be the same screen).  Descending into those screens will show you the list of fields and offer the ability to add fields to it.

Rachel Shepherd September 27, 2021

Thank you!  Thats working now :-)

Suggest an answer