• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can We create message error if user pick wrong person ( in jira group)

Hi Guys,

1.  I have Field
"Project Changes" : Infrastructure, Security, Application

2.  I have Jira Group :
- Infra Team, members A, B, C

- Security Team,  members D,E

- Aplication Team, members F,G,H

3.  I Field "Developer" ( User Picker)

Can we maka error message "Unsuitable developer with Project Change type" if:

Field  "Project Changes" =  Security
Field "Developer" = H

I have Addon JMWE

Regards,
Tyas

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Tyas,

you can create a "Build-your-own" Validator, but I cannot write the Jira expression for you as it needs to use issue field IDs which are specific to your instance. However, you can use the "Issue Fields" help tab below the editor to find these IDs.

I'm also not clear on why you mentioned the Jira group, as you don't seem to be referring to it in the validation.

Can you clarify?

David

Hi David,

what I mean about Jira Group its like this picture2020-11-18_10-35-59.jpg

what I want, If user change status, JMWE sends an email notification to the selected person in Field "Developer" ( its clear,  I can do that used Post Fungtion used JMWE)

and what I need the status doesn't change ( message error) if the "Developer" field is incorrectly filled (mismatch between "Project Change" field and "Developer" field based on "Jira Group")

Regards,
Tyas

Oh, I think I got it. Each value of the "Project Changes" field has a corresponding "group" named after it (or kind of, based on your initially question: Infrastructure => Infra Team, Security => Security Team, Application => Application Team), and you want to force the user selected in the Single-user picker field named "Developer" to belong to the group matching the Project Changes field value. Right?

You can achieve this using a Build-your-own Validator, with the following script:

new User(issue.customfield_12105.accountId).groups.includes(issue.customfield_12345.value + " Team")

Note that you will need to replace customfield_12105 with the field ID of the Developer Single-user Picker custom field, and customfield_12345 with the field ID of the Project Changes single select custom field. You'll find them using the "Issue Fields" help tab below the expression editor.

Hi Dave, 

IT try used it to my transition but its not work
Developer Single-user Picker custom field = 12097
Project Changes single select custom field = 12344

new User(issue.customfield_12097.accountId).groups.includes(issue.customfield_12344.value + " Team")

and I'm inspired and develop your script,

(new User(issue.customfield_12097.accountId).groups.includes("Application Team") && !!issue.customfield_12344 && issue.customfield_12344.value == "Application")
||
(new User(issue.customfield_12097.accountId).groups.includes("Security Team") && !!issue.customfield_12344 && issue.customfield_12344.value == "Security")
||
(new User(issue.customfield_12097.accountId).groups.includes("Infra Team") && !!issue.customfield_12344 && issue.customfield_12344.value == "Infrastructure")

Is your script making mine shorter? or what I made exactly what you meant?

My script was shorter but assumed that the group name was exactly the concatenation of the select field value and " Team", which is not the case for Infrastructure. So your script is best in your case.

Hi David,

Thanks for teaching me

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,022 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you