Can Jira user with core/software licence create an issue in jira service desk project?

Gennady October 31, 2017

It seems that despite the information provided on the page

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver070/jira-applications-overview-762877655.html

A user who has Jira core/software licence can (!) create an issue.
The question is why the page misleads us?

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2017

@Gennady, this can be controlled w/in the permissions for the project. By default (for me in cloud anyway) users w/ Jira/Core can create JSD issues. If you don't want them to be able to then go to Project > Project settings > Permissions and change the Create Issues permission.

@Fadoua, no additional license is required for this. The only time a user needs a JSD license is if they are going to be assigned/transition a JSD issue.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2017

@Jack Brickeycorrect me please if I am wrong: if a user has a JIRA Software license and is going to be in the JIRA Service Desk Team then he/she will need another license.

I was under the impression that was the original question.

1 vote
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2017

Hi Gennady,

If the user raises the request through the portal and is part of JSD customer, then yes he/she can without any issues.

If that user has to access the project as a JSD team then it will be an additional license even if he/she has a license for JIRA Software.

I hope this helps

Suggest an answer