Can Jira user with core/software licence create an issue in jira service desk project?

It seems that despite the information provided on the page

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver070/jira-applications-overview-762877655.html

A user who has Jira core/software licence can (!) create an issue.
The question is why the page misleads us?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Fadoua Boualem Community Champion Oct 31, 2017

Hi Gennady,

If the user raises the request through the portal and is part of JSD customer, then yes he/she can without any issues.

If that user has to access the project as a JSD team then it will be an additional license even if he/she has a license for JIRA Software.

I hope this helps

This widget could not be displayed.
Jack Brickey Community Champion Oct 31, 2017

@Gennady, this can be controlled w/in the permissions for the project. By default (for me in cloud anyway) users w/ Jira/Core can create JSD issues. If you don't want them to be able to then go to Project > Project settings > Permissions and change the Create Issues permission.

@Fadoua Boualem, no additional license is required for this. The only time a user needs a JSD license is if they are going to be assigned/transition a JSD issue.

Fadoua Boualem Community Champion Oct 31, 2017

@Jack Brickeycorrect me please if I am wrong: if a user has a JIRA Software license and is going to be in the JIRA Service Desk Team then he/she will need another license.

I was under the impression that was the original question.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,500 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you