• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can Jira Cloud be configured to display visual alerts under certain JQL conditions?

I have been asked to find a solution, if one exists, to a particular need. 

A team is looking to have naggy pop up alerts or something similarly naggy when a condition is true - in this case, when work has come to an impasse at any of a number of statuses.  This impass will be noted by a custom field used as a flag.

So if an issue is at an impass this team would like the assignee to get slapped in the face, metaphorically, by a naggy alert when they access Jira.

Is this possible?  I couldn't find a plugin in the marketplace but maybe my search criteria is lacking.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jan 25, 2021

Hi Rob, the only naggy alerts are associated with the Notification bell icon. You could leverage automation to send an email. You could consider marketplace options. 

I have been trying to find documentation about that bell and can't seem to find anything at all.  Is there a way to leverage that?

Jack Community Leader Jan 25, 2021

i couldn't find much either. i did find this on Confluence. I wonder if Jira is similar. view-your-notifications 

Hi @Rob Horan 

If your "naggy alert" condition is something that you can determine from the issue's data, you could use automation rules to set the Flagged indicator and maybe send an email too.  That would appear as a red flag on issues.

Here is an example rule:

• Trigger: scheduled on JQL to check for issues not Done and not updated in 2 days
  • Action: edit issue, setting Flagged to Impediment
  • Action: send an email to assignee, etc.

To learn more about automation rules, please look here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows/

Best regards,

Bill

The people I am looking into this for don't want an email, they want an alert when they get to Jira that basically yells at them.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

637 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you