Can I use an autocomplete renderer with a select list custom field?

Peter Weir July 6, 2017

I have a select list that I've made that I am using to create a controlled list of items that the user can enter on their tickets. I really don't like that when I make a default select list, I have to click and scroll through the list of options to find what I need. Can I make this so I can start typing and have it fill it for me?

I would love it actually if I could make something that functions like the FixVersions field, but global in scope so I could put whatever I need in it.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

2 answers

0 votes
Tim Black June 15, 2019

See this support page, which describes how to do what you're asking. It says it's for a multi-select field, but I've read reports of people successfully applying this to single select field as well.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-enable-autocomplete-renderer-for-multi-select-custom-field-in-jira-754978239.html

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2017

Hi Peter,

Please take a look at the Communities post Creating a custom field with autocomplete text field for some further clues as to how this can be accomplished.  In addition, the comments in JRASERVER-32290 also provide workarounds that have worked for some customers.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer