Can I use Forms on a Kanban Board?

Peter Downing December 4, 2021

I can see the Forms option available in the menu of a JIRA Business project I have set up.  I cannot see this option available in a Software Kanban Board that I have set up.

Is it possible to use Forms in a Kanban Board and, if so , how?

3 answers

2 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Hi Peter - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Forms are associated with issues. So you can use the form to create an issue that will then show up on your board. 

So, forms are used to create issues, and boards are used to display the issues in an easy to see visual format. 

2 votes
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2021

Hi @Peter Downing 

Forms option available only for Work Management project type in which it has its own board and not working with Jira Software project type

Regards,

Mohamed Adel

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2021

No, because forms have no use on a board.  What would you imagine a form would do if you put one on a board?

Forms are for gathering information on an issue, not a board.  Issues that have forms on them can be tracked in a board the same as any other issue.

And the integrated Form available in JWM projects is not available in Jira Software projects. However, a free integrated ProForma forms option will be coming to Jira Software projects soon, if they are not already in your instance. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events