Can I use Epics on Kanban projects?

Borek Bernard January 28, 2012

I have difficulties assigning Stories to Epics on rapid board, is it supported at all? Maybe I should use labels or components if I want to group issues together?

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Borek Bernard January 29, 2012

The answer I received on the confluence page is that GreenHopper currently doesn't support Epics for Kanban projects. It is planned for a future release.

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2012

Yes, that's true. You're right that you could simply use labels and quickfilters as a substitute (the Epic child relationship is actually just a custom lable field anyways).

Thanks,

Shaun

2 votes
Pedro Mata-Mouros May 13, 2014

Indeed. Not only do I want the possibility of having Epics in Kanban boards, I still also want the possibility of having Plan mode on (of course, without the sprints).

Julia Winkler October 29, 2014

I fully agree! Where is the Plan Mode and the possibility of creating Epics in Kanban? A major improvement IMHO.

Tomasz Banas September 8, 2015

This would be really helpful

Andrew Bauer November 15, 2015

Has anyone considered doing this as a plugin?

2 votes
Pruet Narathuschan May 5, 2014

Two years later. I am hoping this will be supported soon too!
Online there are alot of people asking for it

1 vote
Mikael Hugo January 16, 2013

Since it was planned a year ago im hoping this will be supported soon..... :)

0 votes
Tomasz Banas September 8, 2015

Is there any update here?

0 votes
saraponga January 29, 2012

I don't see the epic/theme field when I look at an issue from the rapid board. When I click "edit" however, I see the field and can select whatever epic I want to link my issue to.

Are you missing the epic/theme field also in edit-mode?

Borek Bernard January 29, 2012

I have added the Epic/Theme field to my screen, however, it is just a simple text input, it doesn't suggest other issues automatically so I'm not sure how to correctly link to the Epic.

Suggest an answer