Can I use Epics on Kanban projects?

I have difficulties assigning Stories to Epics on rapid board, is it supported at all? Maybe I should use labels or components if I want to group issues together?

7 answers

1 accepted

The answer I received on the confluence page is that GreenHopper currently doesn't support Epics for Kanban projects. It is planned for a future release.

Yes, that's true. You're right that you could simply use labels and quickfilters as a substitute (the Epic child relationship is actually just a custom lable field anyways).

Thanks,

Shaun

Two years later. I am hoping this will be supported soon too!
Online there are alot of people asking for it

Indeed. Not only do I want the possibility of having Epics in Kanban boards, I still also want the possibility of having Plan mode on (of course, without the sprints).

I fully agree! Where is the Plan Mode and the possibility of creating Epics in Kanban? A major improvement IMHO.

This would be really helpful

Has anyone considered doing this as a plugin?

Since it was planned a year ago im hoping this will be supported soon..... :)

I don't see the epic/theme field when I look at an issue from the rapid board. When I click "edit" however, I see the field and can select whatever epic I want to link my issue to.

Are you missing the epic/theme field also in edit-mode?

I have added the Epic/Theme field to my screen, however, it is just a simple text input, it doesn't suggest other issues automatically so I'm not sure how to correctly link to the Epic.

Is there any update here?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

13,144 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you