Can I use Epic Report in Kanban?

Hi, We are using Epic Report in Scrum Project which is quite useful report for us. Now, we have started to use Epics in Program level, which is a Kanban Project. And we would like to use Epic Report here as well. Do you know if this is possible to enable Epic Report for Kanban Projects? Thanks for your response!

2 answers

1 vote

Hi Rekha,

Epic report is only available on Scrum Boards. Please take a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/using-a-board/using-reports

However, you should simply be able to create a Scrum Board with the Epics included in the query used by the board, and view the same reports. Even if you are not using the Sprints and Scrum features on the board, purely for reporting. Something for you to try out.

If you are looking at reporting at the Program Level, I recommend evaluating Portfolio for JIRA. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/programs-931037964.html

Regards

Bhushan

Thanks for the reply Bhushan. Setting up a scrum board was not an option. Hence I was looking for other options.   

The Epic report relies on some data that you only capture in Scrum, and hence would not actually tell you anything if you could use it with a Kanban board.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,194 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you