Can I use Advanced Roadmap Warnings in a "regular" Jira Filter?

Matt Henson May 13, 2021

I'm working on a Jira Dashboard for a Program in Advanced Roadmaps.

I'd like to use a Dashboard Filter Gadget to display all issues that are flagged with a warning in the Advanced Roadmap?

Is that feature available at this time?  Or is it only available in the Advanced Roadmap display?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2021

Hi @Matt Henson 

Looking at the common warnings, I expect you could create queries for some of them but not all: https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/common-warnings-998651244.html

JQL is not a SQL, and some of these warnings would require comparing fields at different issue levels, parent and child and grand-child.  You cannot make those comparisons with out-of-the-box JQL.  You could investigate marketplace addons for JQL or better dashboard gadgets which might show these warnings.

Best regards,

Bill

Matt Henson May 15, 2021

Got this from SmartSheet support:

Thanks for contacting Smartsheet Support. I can see that you're using an IF function to translate the Symbol into a text but you're getting an #UNPARSEABLE error in your formula. I'd be glad to assist!

Upon reviewing the formula that you've provided, I was able to determine that you have an incorrect formula syntax. To resolve, insert the Green between the ""  in your formula and include @RoW after [project status].

=if([project status]@row= "Green","G","No"))

For more information, please check out the following Help articles: 

Thanks for using Smartsheet! If there are no additional questions on this topic or your issue has been resolved, there is no need to reply to this email. As a valued customer your feedback is important. Please let me know how I did by clicking on the stars at the bottom of this email.

Kind Regards, 

Aldous

Smartsheet Support 

This suggestion resolved the #UNPARSEABLE error. 

However, when the symbol in Project Status was a GREEN CIRCLE, the result of the formula was "No".

So, now my question is what are the values for the Green/Red/Yellow/Blue symbols in the IF function for comparison purposes ??

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2021

Hi @Matt Henson 

I am not using that add-on, so I cannot answer your question. Have you asked the vendor what the possible values are so you may query them?

Matt Henson May 25, 2021

Actually, I just needed to use "@row" function suggested above, and it returns the text value which works just fine for my needs.  Thank you!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events