Can I use 2 workflows on one project for different issue types in company managed project

Matt Langley December 4, 2021

Hello, I am looking for some guidance as to how to manage my project.

The project is in:

• cloud jira account,
  • and the project is company managed
  • with multiple boards
  • at the moment we are trialling the free account, but looking to purchase once we find a good set that would work for our situation.

I would like to have two boards, that use two different workflows - these workflows won't share issue types:

•  Workflow 1
    • Issue types 
      • Epics
  • Workflow 2
    • Issue types
      • User stories
      • BUGS
      • Tasks
      • sub-tasks

I have seen that its not possible to use two different workflows if they share issue types, which makes me wander if its possible if they don't.

At the moment it looks like this is not possible, and I would need to combine these workflows and then filter the issue types on the boards, and remove columns that aren't required for that board.

Any assistance is appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Matt

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2021

For a company-managed project, look at the configuration schemes.  You'll find the project uses a "workflow scheme" which tells the project which workflow to use for each issue type it might use.

Go to Admin -> Issues -> Workflow schemes to see what schemes you already have, and edit them.

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2021

Hi @Matt Langley

Welcome to the community.

As long as the issue types have their own workflow you should be ok.  

You just need admin permissions to create a new workflow with the corresponding statuses.

Regards 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events