Can I track "Time in status" for each of checklist item

LAURA PELLIZZARI
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2024

For current project we need to streamline the workflow, so we would benefit from checklist to map the various stage of work. The point is that we need also to understand how much time is needed to complete each of the checklist item. Is there a way to track it? 

4 answers

0 votes
Amay Purohit_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2024

Hi @LAURA PELLIZZARI 

Welcome to the community !!

If your checklist items are Jira Issues I believe you will need an app to track the time in status for them. If you are open for the same, you can take a look at 

Time in Status Reports 

The app provides a Time in Status report which shows how much time each issue spent through each status. You can also group your statuses to check your issue resolution times. The app has 20+ reports to track your bottleneck Issues & Processes.

Disclaimer : I work for the vendor who built this app

TIS-1.png

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 14, 2024

Hi @LAURA PELLIZZARI

welcome to the community!

First off, it would be great to understand what you mean by checklist item - is this a Jira issue? Or something else?

If it's a Jira issue: Tracking time in status isn't really well supported in Jira. You'll either have to to through an issue's history manually, or retrieve the data via Jira's APIs and do some kind of post-processing. You may be able to extract some information via Jira Automation, but I can't advice on the details.

Alternatively, there are a number of apps available in the Atlassian Marketplace that operate in this space. I can only speak for the app that my team and I are working on - JXL for Jira - but here, your use case should be easy to solve.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of so-called history columns that aren’t natively available, including time between created and resolvedtime in [status], time between [status] and [status], and many more.

This is how it looks in action:

time-between-created-and-resolved.gif

As you can see above, you can easily sort and filter by your history columns; you can also use them across JXL's advanced features, such as support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

As already mentioned, there are a number of apps available on the Atlassian Marketplace that can help with this. When searching the Marketplace, I would recommend checking an app's reviews, and looking out for Atlassian certifications like e.g. Cloud Fortified. You may already know that you can trial any app for free for 1 month, and depending on the app and the site of your Jira site, it may be free forever - so if an app is an option for you, perhaps try out a few and see which one works best for you.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 13, 2024

Hi @LAURA PELLIZZARI ,

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

What is a checklist item? Is it a type of issue like task, sub-task?

0 votes
Gizem Gökçe _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
March 13, 2024

Hello @LAURA PELLIZZARI ,

Welcome to the community!

Time in Status which is developed by my team at OBSS, is the tool I would highly recommend. It is available for both Jira Cloud, and Data Center. 

Time in Status mainly allows you to see how much time each issue spent on each status or each assignee

Status Duration report is the perfect report for your needs. It basically shows how much time each issue spent on each status. You can combine the time for multiple statuses to get metrics like Issue Age, Cycle Time, Lead Time, Resolution Time etc. Report Types Status Duration Report.png

As an alternative approach, Time in Status also has Duration Between Statuses report type which shows the duration between two specific statuses. This report type also allows the user to exclude the times for "pause" statuses.

Report Types DBS.png

For all numeric report types, you can calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by the issue fields you select. For example total in-progress time per team or average resolution time per sprint, epic, week, month, issuetype, request type, etc. The ability to group by parts of dates (year, month, week, day, hour) or sprints is particularly useful here since it allows you to compare different time periods or see the trend. 

Group by priority.png

The app calculates its reports using already existing Jira issue histories so when you install the app, you don't need to add anything to your issue workflows and you can get reports on your past issues as well. It supports both Jira, JSM and JPD projects.

Time in Status reports can be accessed through its own reporting page, dashboard gadgets, and issue view screen tabs. All these options can provide both calculated data tables and charts. And the app has a REST API so you can get the reports from Jira UI or via REST. Also you can export the reports in to various formats easily. 

Visit Time in Status to explore how our JIRA add-on can revolutionize your reporting process. Enjoy a 30-day free trial to experience the full range of features.

If you wish, you can also schedule a live demo. We will provide a comprehensive overview of the application and address any inquiries you may have.

Hope it helps,

Gizem

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events