Can I synchronize the content of my epics from Jira Agile to Portfolio ?

tomar99 May 20, 2015
Hello
I am playing with Jira Portfolio.
I created some epics from the portfolio. I can create them in JIRA Agile as well. 
But when I moved one user story from one epic to another, this change in not done in JIRA Agile after I synchronize. Estimation, title, etc is synchronized, but not the epic name of the user story.

Am I doing something wrong ?
Is this feature not supported in purpose ? Is it a bug ?
Thank you
Romain

2 answers

0 votes
Thomas Berger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2015

I am wondering as well if the Epics (and stories) created using JIRA Portfolio are supposed to be real JIRA issues in my projects? I can't find them in my projects!

Cheers,

Thomas

Marcia Carlson August 4, 2015

Thomas, the epics and stories that you add to JIRA Portfolio are not "real" in JIRA Agile until you select the option to create them. We use this feature a lot when we are sitting with our architects and planning out a new feature. We use Portfolio a lot as our white board planning tool. We start by putting everything into Portfolio in the proper hierarchical view and then once everyone is satisfied that we've captured all of the epics and stories for that feature to be at least an MVP we select the option at the highest level of our feature to create the objects in JIRA Agile. You'll know that you've created JIRA tickets when you see the Issue Link field populated.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2015

It could be either a not supported first as you are expecting a JIRA Agile functionality to happen while using JIRA Portfolio. You should raise a support issue with Atlassian on what they think.

Suggest an answer