Can I synchronize the content of my epics from Jira Agile to Portfolio ?

Hello
I am playing with Jira Portfolio.
I created some epics from the portfolio. I can create them in JIRA Agile as well. 
But when I moved one user story from one epic to another, this change in not done in JIRA Agile after I synchronize. Estimation, title, etc is synchronized, but not the epic name of the user story.

Am I doing something wrong ?
Is this feature not supported in purpose ? Is it a bug ?
Thank you
Romain

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Timothy Chin Community Champion May 20, 2015

It could be either a not supported first as you are expecting a JIRA Agile functionality to happen while using JIRA Portfolio. You should raise a support issue with Atlassian on what they think.

This widget could not be displayed.

I am wondering as well if the Epics (and stories) created using JIRA Portfolio are supposed to be real JIRA issues in my projects? I can't find them in my projects!

Cheers,

Thomas

Thomas, the epics and stories that you add to JIRA Portfolio are not "real" in JIRA Agile until you select the option to create them. We use this feature a lot when we are sitting with our architects and planning out a new feature. We use Portfolio a lot as our white board planning tool. We start by putting everything into Portfolio in the proper hierarchical view and then once everyone is satisfied that we've captured all of the epics and stories for that feature to be at least an MVP we select the option at the highest level of our feature to create the objects in JIRA Agile. You'll know that you've created JIRA tickets when you see the Issue Link field populated.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,073 views 5 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you