Can I setup a project starting from a date in the past?

MassimoManca March 8, 2012

I have old projects not managed with JIRA/Greenhopper that I would load on Greenhopper to document better them. One is finished and an other is already running (it started about 8 months ago) but it wasn't managed with Jira/Greenhopper because the team choose to don't use it.

I would just insert the stories and their status and then if possible to start to manage it from now and going on.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2012

Hi Massimo,

you don't have to insert the stories manually. There are import tools for several external systems or for CSV-Files.

There should be no problem with older or even closed issues.

Best regards

Thomas

MassimoManca March 8, 2012

Hmmm... the team choose to have post-it and a dashboard modified as a kanban board... I don't think I can't import them :-)

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2012

OK, I think that's the only thing, Jira cannot import... ;-)

Then I would enter all the data in an Excel Sheet, export it as csv and import this csv in jira. I think that's the fastest way. With the import functions, you can import an issue in every workflow state, even in the closed state.

Suggest an answer