Can I set up a default description for a Story - or select a template

Mark Chidlow February 12, 2015

I am using JIRA Agile Cloud.

I have a description format that I would like used for all user stories. Is there a way to have a default description based on this template, or in some way select a template when creating a new user story? This feature is pretty common across agile management tools and would be extremely useful. Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
kitkat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2015

Unfortunately, you cannot do this in the Cloud environment. It is available in the behind the firewall JIRA environment, if you ever consider moving to that configuration. If so, here is a post that I think has the answer you are looking for:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/26960/prepopulating-jira-system-fields

Mark Chidlow February 12, 2015

Many thanks - do you know if this in the backlog? This feature is standard in most agile tools I am familiar with.

kitkat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2015

For the Cloud environment, the main roadblock is security. They don't allow user installed custom code to run in the system because of security concerns. Since security is so important, the general recommendation for users that want that ability would be to self host JIRA if a company wants to run their custom code.

tricia savage bailey August 30, 2016

Is this still the answer? I would like this ability as well. 

Robert Sutton April 4, 2018

Any progress on the ability to apply a story template to Jira Cloud?