Can I separate users with global permissions to "Browse Users" from each other?

Ida Tärnfalk January 23, 2018

In order to mention (@name) some other user in JIRA-software you need permission to "Browse Users". But I want to add a user group to have permission to "Browse Users" but restrict it to only involve specific users in a specific project.

The point is to restrict their permissions so the users in a project only can mention other users in the same project, and not browse from all users.

Anyone who knows whether that is possible and how to do it?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

No, it's not possible.

If a user has "browse user", they can see all users.  If they don't have "browse user", they have to know people's user logins to mention them.  There is no way to break down or silo user's visibility.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

Hello,

You should add a role to the browse issues permissions. And in each projects you would define users and groups for the role. In this case you can set specific users for each project.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

My answer is not valid. It is a global permission. 

Suggest an answer