Can I restrict to some group of users to vote an issue?

Hi, i would like to create a group of users that not be able to vote an issue that they are watching. Can I do that?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Juliana Espil,

As far as I know, that is not possible. In Jira Options, you can configure the Allow users to vote on issues option, but this applies to your entire Jira instance (See the documentation over here).

The reporter of the issue is not allowed to vote on his/her own issue, as that is considered to be redundant.

It is possible to restrict who can see the list of voters at project level through the Voters and Watchers permissions. But that does not offer you the flexibility to limit who can vote to a subset of users.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

655 views 4 15
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot