I was moving a bug from an existing in flight project to a new project, and the when I did that the current sprint was bought across to new project (which hasnt started). I then thought I was removing the carried over current sprint from the new project, but turns out it was removed from old project.
Any way to restore the contents of the sprint, or do I need to manually rebuild it?
Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.
The scenario you describe is also explained in the KB: The same sprint is displayed across different scrum boards after moving an issue
This is expected to happen when moving issues that are currently assigned to a sprint. Since sprints are not bound to specific projects or boards they can contain issues from any project in JIRA. It is a common mistake to see that sprint in the new board and think this sprint only has that one issue in it. Depending on the board filter, your view on that board of that sprint would be restricted to issues that only match that current boards filter.
There is not a means to recover a deleted sprint in JIRA. The only way you could do so would require restoring a database backup from before this change. But this would revert all changes in JIRA made since that time in the process. If this is a JIRA server instance, you might be able to take an existing database or XML backup from before this change, and then restore it to a staging instance. This would then allow you to see the old sprint name, planned dates, and issues contained within that sprint.
This just happened to me. What a horrible, horrible thing UX-wise. I too thought that I was deleting a copy of the sprint, and indeed the sprint was displayed as having "0 tasks" in it. Given the severity of the outcome, I strongly suggest that Atlassian address this ASAP. A simple warning that the sprint contains tasks in other projects would be sufficient, TO AVOID CATASTROPHE.
Hi, one of my team mates just pointed me to this discussion. I wanted to say that I just did the exact same thing as Clive, a task from one project was put in the sprint of another project by mistake.
The sprint in question was suppose to be associated with project #1 but a task from project #2 was put in. I was looking at project #2 and saw what I thought was a sprint with only one task, the task put in the wrong sprint.
I move the task to the right place, the sprint then looked empty so I deleted it.
Two minutes later a team mate messaged saying all the tasks in the sprint had been removed. This negatively effects productivity and is horrible UX.
I created a new sprint and put it in the same timeframe as the deleted sprint. The sprint needs to be active, so start the new sprint. Then I accessed my "Worked on" page. I went to each task within the sprint and modified the sprint it was tied to (the deleted one) to be the new one I had just created.
This recovered everything...of course, I was the only one in the sprint so it was easy. Good luck if you have more people! This should really come with a decent warning as Clive mentioned.
I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs