Can I prevent clearing Done issues from the board after 14 days?

SV July 22, 2021

After 14 days issues from the Done column are clearing automatically. I can't find where to disable it. Can you help?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

Hi @Северин Вервальд  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You appear to be using a team-managed project (formerly called next-gen), and that is not yet possible for those projects.  Here is the suggestion to make that configurable: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21257

Best regards,
Bill

2 votes
Tim June October 6, 2021

This is yet another half done Jira implementation item- team managed is not supposed to mean unmanageable!!  There does not seem to be any way to influence the number of days after which the Done items fall off the board. 

0 votes
Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

Hi @Северин Вервальд , 

Assuming that you are using Kanban board, click on the three dots on the top right corner of your board and select Board Settings. While under the General section, go to the very bottom of the page and select appropriate value for 'Hide completed issues older than'. 

I hope that helps.

best,
Kris 

SV July 22, 2021

Screenshot from 2021-07-22 18-57-48.png

Hi, thanks for the reply, but I have only Columns settings. Can't find the setting that you mentioned.

Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2021

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, @Северин Вервальд . 

Now I understand that you are on a team-managed project using Kanban. This article talks about how to keep the issues in the Done column over 14 days or how to clear them after a set time - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Introducing-manual-board-clearing-for-your-next-gen-Kanban-board/ba-p/1411958#M1379

I hope that helps.

best,
Kris 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2021

Hi @Kris G _Alacriz_ 

Would you please point out where in that article it describes what you noted?  What I found was:

How does automatic clearing work alongside manual clearing?

The 14-day automatic clearing rule is based on when you resolve an issue, which is currently tied to the DONE column. Manual clearing allows you to clear DONE issues at any time you prefer.

The configuration of the automatic clearing rule is dependent on board settings being shipped first. You can track the progress of board settings here.

In the interim, manual clearing should resolve most of the pain you’ve experienced with completed work.

That seems to indicate the work to configure (disable) automation clearing has not been implemented yet.

Thanks for the help!

Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy , 

Thanks for the inputs. The article says that users will have more control on the Done column's limit, see the screen shot below:

DoneColumn.JPG

It's implied that the Set column limit allows you to set a bigger limit and that's what I believe @Северин Вервальд is looking for. Only project admin can set this limit. 

I hope that helps.

best,
Kris 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events