Can I move card from "In Progress" to "To Do"?

Borek Bernard January 28, 2012

I've accidentaly moved one card from To Do to In Progress column, how can I move it back?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2012

It's a full on admin task - copy the workflow, add a transition to the new copy that allows a move from the status that are in "in progress" in the GH mapping, back to a status that is in the "to do" column in GH. Create a new workflow scheme, that uses the new workflow, and apply that to the project.

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2012

Drag it back, if your workflow allows it.

It doesn't (I'm using the default 'jira' workflow), GreenHopper is in its out-of-the-box state. How do I configure the workflow to support dragging the cards back?

Like Allie C. Rivera likes this

Thanks, I guess this will become apparent once I use JIRA more but I'm a little lost with all the customization options :) Thanks for a clear guide.

Could you please copy your reply to the answer, I will mark it as *the* answer.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2012

Done :-)

It really was a very short answer though, there's quite a lot to look at in workflows. You'll find Jira immensely flexible, but that does mean it's complex to configure. Good luck with it all, and don't be afraid to ask!

One quick hint though - you might want to put a "condition" on your new transition. One trap most new workflow editors fall into is that if the transition has no conditions at all, anyone can use it. Including anonymous users! It's well worth adding at least "user is in jira-users", or probably "user is in project role of developer/user"

Like Allie C. Rivera likes this

Suggest an answer