Can I make a perspective i.e. structure column config and gantt view the default view of a structure

Manali Butey May 18, 2021

I am making a Master Schedule structure. I have my columns saved as a view which I have made the default view for the structure board following - Customizing View Settings - Structure for Jira - ALM Works Knowledge Base. I not all need the column settings but also the Gantt chart setting to be as is for all users. I know a Perspective link can be shared but i need something more permanent like view. The idea is that when any of the user opens up the Master schedule structure board they see the column settings and gantt chart setting down to having item info such as summary enabled, zoom level set to quarters, and so on. What are my options here ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Support Team [ALM Works] May 25, 2021

Hello Manali,

David from ALM Works here.  

If you have the Structure layout set to Gant Chart, sharing a perspective should include both the Structure and Gantt Chart format.

If this is not your experience, our support team would be happy to work with you on identifying why.

Please feel free to open a request with us through our support portal support.almworks.com or by sending us an email via support@almworks.com.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
David Niro
www.almworks.com

Manali Butey June 8, 2021

Hi @Support Team [ALM Works] 

Thanks for the response.

I understand that sharing a perspective link is an option but users will not be using the link and will be directly accessing the Structure from JIRA. Hence, I looking for a more permanent solution like we have for View where admin can set the default view I'd like to set the the Gantt Chart as the default layout for a particular board along with setting by default the item info such as summary enabled, zoom level set to quarters, etc

Thanks!

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

Hi, @Manali Butey. Unfortunately, the perspective link is your only option at this time.

Implementing your suggested method will require an enhancement request.

May I suggest you reach out to us via gantt@almworks.com to create this request? We'd like to dig into some additional details and explore ways to optimize the suggested workaround for your use case.

If you prefer, you can connect with me on LinkedIn to kick off that process.

Best,

-dave [ALM Works]

Suggest an answer