Can I make a line break in one Acceptance Criteria?

y.kanehira November 30, 2022

This may be a duplicate of a past question, but since it was not clearly written about AC, I would like to ask it again.

I am using Acceptance Criteria for Jira, but how can I include supplemental information on AC in a new line?
It gets complicated if the numbers are separated.

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik Korovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022

Hello and welcome @y.kanehira

This is working correctly for me, but this might be because in our instance the "Acceptance criteria" is the same type as "Description", meaning a Text Field (multi-line).

What Type is it in your instance?

y.kanehira December 1, 2022

Thank you for replying @Patrik Korovsky! 😊

>What Type is it in your instance?

I have not made any specific changes to the plugin settings, but it seems to be text area.

I am attaching some screen shots.
I do not want the add info to become a different AC.

1. write AC and additional info.

write_ac_and_info.png
2.Additional information become different AC.

results.png

Patrik Korovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022

Sorry, I assumed you were talking about the Jira default field "Acceptance Criteria".

Are you are talking about Acceptance Criteria for Jira Free by HeroCoders?
If yes, then in the In the documentation I found that:

In general, every new line is a separate checklist item, unless it starts with:

• >> for description, or
  • # for the name of the checklist in the Checklist Text custom field, for example: # Default checklist

Since I don't have the app, I recommend you experiment with using ">>", as it seems to be your only option here.

If you have any problems, you can contact them via their service desk "https://herocoders.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals" or "support@herocoders.com."

Like Matthias likes this
Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2022

@Patrik Korovsky In the name of HeroCoders I thank you and commend you for assisting our user :)

@y.kanehira Patrik is right - with Acceptance Criteria you can add additional descriptions to items by adding lines starting with >>, and you can give titles to your checklists (if you have Multiple checklists enabled) by starting a line with #. 

You can also add headers to your checklists by starting a line with ---.

If you need any more help with this, we're just a few clicks away 

Cheers!

Like Patrik Korovsky likes this
y.kanehira December 2, 2022

@Patrik Korovsky 
@Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_ 

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I'm sorry I missed that the suggested solution is described in the official documentation. :pray:

It looks like the current problem will be solved.
Thank you soooo much.

Like Patrik Korovsky likes this

Suggest an answer