Can I include "Fix Versions" in a Board's "active Sprint" swimlane view?

Bertram Herzog December 1, 2017

Our Team works on different Stories per Sprint. Each of the Stories may not necessarily go into the same Product Version, i.e. each Story may have a different "Fix Version" assigned. We assign this on a Board's Backlog view via the "Version's panel", which results on labels floating on each entry ("line") of the Backlog.

Once the Story/Task/Bug is in the Sprint, this label is lost. I have the "active Sprint" separated via "Base swimlanes on: Stories".

Can we bring the label or the information back, so we can see which "Version" this story is contributing towards?

If there is no way to embed such a label / the information at all, we might have to work around via "parallel sprints", one for each "version"?

4 answers

2 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2017

Hi Bertram

Yes you can. In the Active sprint view (or Backlog view actually), click on the three dots in the top right hand corner, choose Board settings then Card layout. For both the Backlog view and the sprint view, you can add up to 3 fields to show on the cards. What you're after is Affects versions

Deleted user April 5, 2019

No

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2019

@[deleted] , indeed Fix Versions can be added to card layout..

1 vote
Clayton Armstrong September 17, 2019

Apologies for the heavy redaction in the screenshots.

The version labels appear on the stories in the backlog view, but they don't show up in the stories in the active sprint.  (The poster mentioned that the swimlanes were the stories, which I think is the default?)

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019

Hi @Clayton Armstrong 

Thanks for the screenshots, it's made it clear to me what you're trying to achieve. I've never used that view before (I don't think it's the default), but I'm not aware of a way of getting the fixVersion to show on the parent.

Generally, the swimlane header is not configurable, which is what you're hoping for. You could raise it as an improvement with Atlassian, they're investing heavily in the UI at the moment, although I'm sure their backlog is huge.

Like Clayton Armstrong likes this
0 votes
Bertram Herzog December 4, 2017

Dear Jack and Warren, 

thanks for your ideas. However, I tried your suggestions and, yes, it shows the information within the cards to be moved on the board. But I could not get the version on the story, i.e. the "swimlane" itself.

Cheers, Bertram

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2017

That is correct. You can’t dynamically label the swimlane. This desire was not clear in your original question. There may be a way to build a board that better meets your requirements but I’m not quite sure exactly what those requirements are. You may wish to consider quick filters for active versions. 

The desire was very clear in the original question:  versions displayed on stories in the active sprint.  (not on the subtasks)

We have the same requirement (2 years later).  Curious if there is now a way to do this

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2019

Hi @Clayton Armstrong 

I have to agree with @Jack Brickey , and we're the two people trying to help and answer the question. It isn't clear from the wording exactly where you'd like to see the fixVersion. It would help if you give a screenshot with an arrow pointing to where you want it to display.

Thanks

Apologies for the heavy redaction in the screenshots.

The version labels appear on the stories in the backlog view, but they don't show up in the stories in the active sprint.  (The poster mentioned that the swimlanes were the stories, which I think is the default?)

Active.pngBacklog.png

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2017

You can edit the cards under Board settings and see if fix version/s is an option to add there. I’m not where I can check that at the moment. 

Suggest an answer