Can I include "Fix Versions" in a Board's "active Sprint" swimlane view?

Our Team works on different Stories per Sprint. Each of the Stories may not necessarily go into the same Product Version, i.e. each Story may have a different "Fix Version" assigned. We assign this on a Board's Backlog view via the "Version's panel", which results on labels floating on each entry ("line") of the Backlog.

Once the Story/Task/Bug is in the Sprint, this label is lost. I have the "active Sprint" separated via "Base swimlanes on: Stories".

Can we bring the label or the information back, so we can see which "Version" this story is contributing towards?

If there is no way to embed such a label / the information at all, we might have to work around via "parallel sprints", one for each "version"?

3 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 01, 2017

You can edit the cards under Board settings and see if fix version/s is an option to add there. I’m not where I can check that at the moment. 

0 votes
Warren Levy Community Champion Dec 01, 2017

Hi Bertram

Yes you can. In the Active sprint view (or Backlog view actually), click on the three dots in the top right hand corner, choose Board settings then Card layout. For both the Backlog view and the sprint view, you can add up to 3 fields to show on the cards. What you're after is Affects versions

Dear Jack and Warren, 

thanks for your ideas. However, I tried your suggestions and, yes, it shows the information within the cards to be moved on the board. But I could not get the version on the story, i.e. the "swimlane" itself.

Cheers, Bertram

Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 04, 2017

That is correct. You can’t dynamically label the swimlane. This desire was not clear in your original question. There may be a way to build a board that better meets your requirements but I’m not quite sure exactly what those requirements are. You may wish to consider quick filters for active versions. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

2,113 views 14 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you