• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I have two instances of JIRA Software in one organization

I am looking to have two JIRA Software instances - one premium and one standard within the same organization so that the users can be managed with Access.   How can I create a second JIRA instance within an organization?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Nov 12, 2020

Hi @Ravi Radhakrishnan,

I believe having multiple sites in the way you have described is only available under the enterprise subscription.

You can see the details on the pricing page:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing

I hope that helps answer your question.

-Jimmy

@Jimmy Seddon 

Thanks. Where does it state that I can do this only with premium edition?  I do have two Jira instances today on two different sites and two diff Organizations. When I read through the process of merging them by transferring to one Organization, it states that I can do that and I will have multiple instances of the product but under different sites.  

If that is allowed, I am wondering, how can I create a second instance.  I have not seen an option at creation time to associate with an Organization.  It will be useful to know how that can be done.  

-Ravi

Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Nov 12, 2020

Hi @Ravi Radhakrishnan,

The site limit line:

JiraPricingPage.PNG

I'm pretty sure that indicates the number of sites that are allowed to exist within a single organization.

-Jimmy

HI @Jimmy Seddon 

You are right.  I am not sure what will happen if I go through with the transfer, then as it will be two sites.  One Premium and one standard as of now.  I will test by creating a new site and transferring it over.

Thanks,
Ravi

@Jimmy Seddon ,

I successfully transferred a second Jira instance and so I am able to operate two different products levels standard and premium under a single organization across multiple sites.

Thanks,

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Nov 16, 2020

I'm glad you were able to figure it out!

Hi @Ravi Radhakrishnan

I'm interested in knowing more about your solution of one premium and one standard Jira instance, if you could ping me @ gorka at roninpixels.com

thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,071 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you