Can I have two instances of JIRA Software in one organization

Ravi Radhakrishnan November 12, 2020

I am looking to have two JIRA Software instances - one premium and one standard within the same organization so that the users can be managed with Access.   How can I create a second JIRA instance within an organization?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2020

Hi @Ravi Radhakrishnan,

I believe having multiple sites in the way you have described is only available under the enterprise subscription.

You can see the details on the pricing page:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing

I hope that helps answer your question.

-Jimmy

@Jimmy Seddon 

Thanks. Where does it state that I can do this only with premium edition?  I do have two Jira instances today on two different sites and two diff Organizations. When I read through the process of merging them by transferring to one Organization, it states that I can do that and I will have multiple instances of the product but under different sites.  

If that is allowed, I am wondering, how can I create a second instance.  I have not seen an option at creation time to associate with an Organization.  It will be useful to know how that can be done.  

-Ravi

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2020

Hi @Ravi Radhakrishnan,

The site limit line:

JiraPricingPage.PNG

I'm pretty sure that indicates the number of sites that are allowed to exist within a single organization.

-Jimmy

HI @Jimmy Seddon 

You are right.  I am not sure what will happen if I go through with the transfer, then as it will be two sites.  One Premium and one standard as of now.  I will test by creating a new site and transferring it over.

Thanks,
Ravi

Ravi Radhakrishnan November 15, 2020

@Jimmy Seddon ,

I successfully transferred a second Jira instance and so I am able to operate two different products levels standard and premium under a single organization across multiple sites.

Thanks,

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2020

I'm glad you were able to figure it out!

0 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 19, 2020

Hi @Ravi Radhakrishnan

I'm interested in knowing more about your solution of one premium and one standard Jira instance, if you could ping me @ gorka at roninpixels.com

thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events