Can I have certain users that have full access to a project but not see the other projects?

Sophie Johnson December 14, 2021

I am trying to allow certain clients of mine view a whole project meaning to have view of the Roadmap, Board, Checklist etc and to also create tickets and be able to watch, edit and comment. I do not want them to delete anything from this board.

On the flip side, I do not want this client to then be able to see the other projects that I currently have going on, as they may be associated to a different clientele. 

I have been able to set that the client can only see that one board, however they then only have the one view and not the desired view of all. When they then have view of all the types of boards within the project, it opens up the rest of the projects for them to view.

What am I doing wrong here, is it achievable and how do achieve this? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

Hi Sophie - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can control access to all of the other projects by using the Permission Scheme for each project. I would place the external client users in a Jira Group and grant permissions to that group in the project(s) they need to see. 

But then make sure that group (no All logged in users) has access to the other projects. 

Sophie Johnson December 15, 2021

Thank you - I think the Permissions Schemes had browsing for all users which was the issue! 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

Great - glad you got it solved!

Suggest an answer